You're writing the story of your life one moment at a time.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Houdini plot foiled...

Dimitri has always had two nicknames depending on his actions. The first is Maverick (Top Gun) because he can be DANGEROUS! The second is Houdini (escapologist) and he has had this nickname since a few days after birth because he would escape his mittens, blankets, caps etc... Today, reassured me that Houdini is right on the money. As I posted yesterday Dimitri has found a new sense of freedom and today he thought he would try and escape one more time.
I went to the kitchen because I heard our dog howling and Dimitri was telling her to be quiet and this is what I see!

That's right, Mr. Dimitri-Houdini thought it would be fun to go outside in the buff and play on the swing set again. I must admit I am very happy that our son listens to us because yesterday I told him that he could NOT go outside without his slippers or his shoes on. Apparently, next time I will need to be more specific because that is the ONLY item of clothing he chose to wear. After much negotiation, I WON and he got to watch Diego on TV if he got dressed!
Whew!! What in the world would the neighbors say?

3 comments:

Kynbugs Delight said...

That is so freaking hilarious! He was being a smarta@#$ without even realizing it. This made me laugh so hard. Kids are so great. No matter what day you are having, a small smile from them fixes it right up.

Janine said...

This is SO funny!! What a great moment to capture on film, too.

Stephanie said...

Okay...I seriously laughed out loud. So funny!