You're writing the story of your life one moment at a time.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our new family pet...

This morning Dimitri came in with the BIGGEST smile on his face. I couldn't figure out why he was so happy until he said, "Mommy, look what I found" as he started to giggle then said, "Mommy, tickle". I had to investigate, he opened his little hand and inside was a potato bug. Dimitri was so excited!
"Mommy, look"
Dimitri played with the potato bug for at least fifteen minutes or so. He would tell me it had a lot of legs and how cute he thought it was. Now, I titled this posting our new family pet for a reason. I told Dimitri to go put the potato bug outside in a safe place so he doesn't get hurt. Dimitri walked outside and I thought nothing of it. A few minutes later I asked Dimitri where he put the bug and he looked at me and said, the kitchen floor. Hmmm...I have not seen the potato bug since I asked Dimitri to take him outside. We now have a new family pet and Dimitri is thrilled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the fun of playing with bugs begins. :-)